Our teachers have been loving Google Classroom but one of the things we keep asking for is integrating Google Calendar into the platform. Wouldn't it be great if assignments automatically were added to our students' calendars? Well, the team once again has heard our prayers - Calendar integration is coming to Classroom! Hoooray!!!
In this update, other fun features will be released, such as:
- Reusing posts - Created a great assignment? Now you can reuse it later instead of making it again!
- Question-based assignments - Assign questions and track who responds to the discussion!
- Bumping posts - I'm actually most excited about this one. One concern I had with using Google Classroom is that when I post something, it gets pushed down to the bottom of the stream by other content. Now we can move a post to the top of the stream so that our students can easily find it! YESSSSS!
- Due Dates Optional - Rolling assignments with open turn in times are no longer beholden to required due dates in Classroom.
- Attach a Google Form - We've all been adding Google Forms via links but soon you can actually insert the form into a stream as an assignment!
For more info, GIFs and images of the new features, check out the Classroom release blog here!